Chris studied at UCL’s Bartlett School of Architecture and joined David Morley Architects in 2000.
Between 1996-99 he worked for Michaelis Boyd Associates where he worked on residential, bar, restaurant and hotel design, including a house for David & Samantha Cameron and a country hotel, Babington House, for the members club Soho House.
At David Morley Architects he has completed projects in very sensitive natural / historic settings and across a wide range of sectors, including the Water Polo Venue for the London 2012 Olympic Games, the Look Out Education Centre in London’s Hyde Park, a multi-faculty academic building for the University of Plymouth and the David Ross Sports Village for the University of Nottingham.
Since 2008, he has led projects for the Leicester Partnership NHS Trust, ranging from master planning, feasibility studies, refurbishments and new buildings in connection with Mental Healthcare, including Dementia, Huntington’s Disease, CAMHS, Eating Disorders, Low Secure and Adult Acute services.
He has led the practice’s Continued Professional Development programme, mentors the practice’s RIBA Part 3 candidates and has taught architectural design and technology at the Universities of Nottingham and Greenwich.
Chris has a very user friendly approach and thrives on teamwork and working closely with Clients to find imaginative yet simple / practical solutions to complex problems.
- SJ Berwins Ltd - Commercial office re-development
- University of London Student Union - Fitness Suite / Sports Hall & Swimming Pool
- Indoor Cricket Centre at South Northumberland Cricket Club
- Indoor Cricket Centre at Durham County Cricket Club
- The Hub Regent’s Park - Sports Pavilion / Changing Facilities and Outdoor Pitches
- University of Plymouth - Rolle Building (multi-purpose academic building)
- Technical Consultancy for the ECB - Cricket Pavilion Design Exemplars & Guidance
- Water Polo Venue at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Ballymore - Leisure Facility projects including Providence & Royal Wharf
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust - Centre of Excellence mental healthcare projects
- The Look Out Education Centre in Hyde Park for the Royal Parks Foundation
- Basingstoke Canal Centre - Concept Design and Feasibility Study in an historic and sensitive natural environment
- Brierfield Mill - Masterplan and Concept Design for an Historic Mill Complex
- Barbican Centre - Concept and Technical Design Studies for the redevelopment of the centre’s Conservatory and Cinemas
- Clifton House - Office and Hotel development in London’s Kings Cross for Shepherd Construction Ltd.
- David Ross Sports Village - University of Nottingham
- Sports Hub - University of Warwick